My name is Michael McGuiness, M.D. My excellent staff and I now have dermatology offices conveniently located in Flower Mound, Plano, Prosper, Dallas, Murphy, Anna, Heath, and Richardson, Texas. I have been a dermatologist in Plano, Texas, with Plano Dermatology since 1996. McGuiness Dermatology offers the latest innovations in cosmetic and dermatological skincare treatments and procedures in beautiful, state-of-the-art professional offices.
My staff and I are here to provide the best dermatological service we can, whatever it may entail. We will strive to listen, care, and be responsive, thus helping you make the right choices for your optimal skin health and skincare.
We know you have choices when deciding who to trust with your medical care, and appreciate any opportunity you choose to allow us to meet your needs.
- Born January 3, 1959 in Worcester, Massachusetts
- Graduated from Worcester Polytechnic Institute in 1981 with a degree in mechanical engineering
- Worked for Texaco as a mechanical engineer 1981-1985
- Attended and graduated from the University of Texas Health Science Center – Houston, 1985-1989, with an M.D. degree
- Medical Internship at SUNY (Stony Brook, NY) Medical Center 1989-1990
- Completed Internal Medicine residency at the University of Pittsburgh School of Medicine 1990-1992
- Clinical faculty member in the department of Internal Medicine at the University of Pittsburgh Medical School, VA Medical Center 1992-1993
- Attained board certification in Internal Medicine 1993
- Began and completed dermatology residency at the University of Pittsburgh School of Medicine 1993-1996
- Attained board certification in dermatology 1996
- Practicing in Plano, Texas as a dermatologist 1996-present
- Affiliated with Medical Center of Plano
- Fellow, American Academy of Dermatology (AAD)
- American Society of Dermatologic Surgery (ASDS)
- American Society of Cosmetic and Dermatologic Surgery
- American Society for Laser Medicine and Surgery (ASLMS)
- American Cutaneous Oncology Society (ACOS)