Here’s How the HydraFacial Works:
- Extraction – This initial, deep cleaning step allows liquids to easily remove dead cells from the skin’s surface. It also removes oily secretions so skincare ingredients can penetrate the skin. Pores are loosened and infused with a mild mixture of salicylic, lactic, and glycolic acids, loosening pore plugs–which can otherwise cause inflammatory acne.
- Cleaning and Serum Fusion – The unique HydraFacial™ tool effectively hydrates the skin with a combination of nutrient-rich solutions that penetrate the skin deeply through a circular process. The solutions penetrate the skin’s pores, dissolving any impurities and softening the skin at the same time.
- Antioxidant Fusion – Hydrating skin solutions and strong antioxidants are used, providing for more resilient, firmer skin. The antioxidants help repair skin damage, and peptides offer a necessary building block for skin cell structures. Hyaluronic acid can quickly reduce the appearance of wrinkles. This step boosts the production of collagen and elastin, minimizing fine lines while hydrating the skin.
- Exfoliation – This step is particularly vital to maintaining healthy, radiant skin. The HydraFacial™ treatment effectively and thoroughly exfoliates dry, dead layers of skin—comfortably and without redness or irritation.
- LED Light Therapy – LED light therapy can be an effective complement to the treatment. The lights emitted through energy can increase production of elastic and collagen by increasing skin cell growth.
During the HydraFacial™ process, loosened pore plugs and dirt are removed with a combination of chemicals to suction dirt and other remaining particles. This cleans the skin thoroughly and reduces the likelihood of future acne breakouts.
Your skincare professional may also recommend the delivery of additional chemicals for a specially customized treatment for you and your skin’s individual needs. For example, the HydraFacial™ device can deliver certain products designed to reduce wrinkles and stimulate the growth of healthy cells.
A HydraFacial™ treatment can take as little as 30-45 minutes from beginning to end, and you’ll be able to resume normal activities immediately afterward. You can even apply make-up right after the treatment.